Buying a New Home
A Buyer’s Agents Role
Buying a new home is likely one of the largest investment that you will make. Understanding the process, protecting your rights and your money is a priority. Consider selecting a knowledgeable, qualified buyer’s agent to represent you.
Having professional representation to assist you in buying a new home is the best decision you can make. The good news is that hiring a BUYER’S AGENT won’t cost you a penny and it could help you save thousands of dollars, avoid pitfalls throughout the process and ensure that you understand everything that happens.
Buying a new home: WHY A BUYER’S AGENT IS IMPORTANT
Having the assistance of the DRA Homes team buyer’s agent will help you take each step of the home buying process with confidence. Our job is to make sure that you:
- Understand your financing options and the monetary contribution you will be required to make
- Find the type and style of home in the community or neighborhood that you select
- Receive the experience of an expert negotiator working on your behalf (important in new construction too!)
- Negotiate the most favorable contract terms possible
- Manage and ensure compliance with important contract timelines
- Assist in locating the proper, reputable vendors for lending, home inspections, closing attorneys, insurances, moving etc
- Be present as your representative to walk you through the closing process, understanding the HUD-1, title insurance and escrows
Buying a new home: THE LISTING AGENT REPRESENTS THE SELLER
Putting together a team of professionals that work exclusively for you is the best way to protect yourself.
The seller’s listing agreement contains the commission which must be paid regardless of the buyer’s representation or lack there of.
Not having a buyer’s agent simply means that you have NO ONE representing you in the transaction.
According to Georgia law, without the benefit of a written buyer’s agency agreement, all agents represent the seller. Without the agency agreement, all agents are charged with protecting the interests of the seller and cannot provide information or advice that could be seen as detrimental to the seller’s position.
Buying a new home: REAL ESTATE COMMISSIONS
Commissions are always a concern to both buyers and sellers real estate transactions. While the conversation tends to be more extensive with sellers, buyers need to know that the SELLER PAYS THE COMMISSION, it is part of their listing agreement. If we encounter a situation that falls outside of this norm, we will be sure to let you know.
DRA Homes is committed to full disclosure, if you have a question about commissions, please ask! We are happy to go over the details with you!
See details on our BUYER REBATE PROGRAM We can help you save on your new construction purchase!
Helping you buy a home in Powder Spring & Marietta is our full-time job!
Hiring DRA Homes as your buyer’s agent will save you time and money!
Remember, our services as your buyer’s agent cost you nothing and we could save you a fortune!